Mandate for the OIE National Focal Points on Animal welfare
- to establish a network of animal welfare experts within his country or to communicate with the existing network;
- to establish and maintain a dialogue with the Competent Authority for animal welfare in his country, and to facilitate cooperation and communication among several authorities where responsibility is shared;
- to receive from the OIE Headquarters copies of the reports of the Terrestrial Animal Health Standards Commission (Code Commission), including reports of the OIE Animal Welfare Working Group and other relevant reports;
- to conduct the in-country consultation process with recognised animal welfare experts on draft texts proposed in those reports as well as draft standards proposed by the Code Commission when dealing with animal welfare; and
- to prepare comments for the Delegate on each of the relevant meeting reports reflecting the scientific view and position of the individual OIE Member and/or the region, including comments on the proposals for new or revised OIE standards related to animal welfare.
Click here to download these Terms of reference as pdf.
Regional workshops on animal welfare
Workshops for the OIE National Focal Points for Animal Welfare in the Region of the Americas.