Mandate for the OIE National Focal Points on Aquatic animals
- to establish a network of aquatic animal health experts within his country or to communicate with the existing network;
- to establish and maintain a dialogue with the Competent Authority for aquatic animal health in his country, and to facilitate cooperation and communication among several authorities where responsibility is shared;
- under the authority of the OIE Delegate of his country, to support the optimal collection and submission of aquatic animal disease information to the OIE through WAHIS (immediate notifications and follow-up reports, six-monthly reports, and annual questionnaires)
- to enable the OIE Delegate to more efficiently manage his OIE Member obligations;
- to act as a contact point with the OIE Animal Health Information Department on matters related to information on aquatic animals including aquatic animal diseases;
- to receive from the OIE Headquarters copies of the reports of the Aquatic Animal Health Standards Commission and other relevant reports, and conduct the in-country consultation process with recognised aquatic animal health experts on draft texts of standards proposed in those reports; and
- to prepare comments for the Delegate on relevant meeting reports reflecting the scientific view and position of the individual OIE Member and/or the region, including comments on the proposals for new or revised OIE standards related to aquatic animals.
Click here to download these Terms of reference as pdf.
Talleres regionales de animales acuáticos
Talleres de capacitación para los Puntos Focales nacionales de la OIE para animales acuáticos que hubo en la Región de las Américas.