Mandate for the OIE National Focal Points on Communication
- under the authority of the OIE Delegate of his/her country function as OIE contact point on communication issues for the Veterinary Services;
- to facilitate communication on animal health, animal welfare and veterinary public health related issues among relevant stakeholders and communication target audiences in his/her country, including the media;
- to act as a focal point with the OIE on matters relevant to communication;
- to receive information on communication activities and copies of relevant documentation from OIE Headquarters and facilitate its dissemination;
- to prepare comments for the Delegate on each of the relevant documents reflecting the view and position of the individual OIE Member and/or the region, including comments on the proposals for new or revised OIE standards, guidelines or recommendations relating to communication;
- to establish a network of relevant communication experts within his/her country and, when relevant, within the region or to communicate with already existing networks.
Click here to download these Terms of reference as pdf.
Regional workshops of Communication
Workshops for National OIE Focal Points for Communication that was held in the Americas region.
Panama, 2016 See more