The OIE National Focal Point for Veterinary Products
- to establish a network of veterinary product experts within his country or to communicate with existing networks;
- to establish and maintain a dialogue with the Competent Authority for veterinary products in his country, and to facilitate cooperation and communication among several authorities where responsibility is shared;
- under the authority of the OIE Delegate of his country, to monitor legislation on and control of veterinary products to ensure that these are in support of OIE international standards, guidelines and recommendations;
- to act as a contact point with the OIE on matters related to veterinary products;
- to receive from the OIE Headquarters information on VICH (*) activities and copies of the reports of the Biological Standards Commission and other relevant reports, should they address discussion points on veterinary products;
- to conduct, on request, the in-country consultation process with recognised veterinary product experts on draft texts of standards and/or on guidelines and recommendations proposed in those reports; and
- to prepare comments for the Delegate on each of the relevant meeting reports reflecting the scientific view and position of the individual OIE Member and/or the region, including comments on the proposals for new or revised OIE standards and guidelines and recommendations related to veterinary products.
Click here to download this TORs as pdf.
(*) VICH: International Cooperation on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Veterinary Medicinal Products.
Regional workshops of Veterinary products
Workshops for National OIE Focal Points for Veterinary products that was held in the Americas region.